Installing the calendar to your PC / Phone / Tablet
We will be updating the calendar throughout the season with goal and penalty details for each game, the games Red Army Travel will be running buses to, fixture changes, shirt auctions, Red Army Supporters Club events and anything else Cardiff Devils related as well as the races and fun runs that we will be entering.
Each time we update the calendar your phone, tablet or Outlook will automatically update itself too without you needing to make any further changes.
If you have the previous (non updating) version of the calendar that Gerald sent out by email at the end of August, you may wish to delete that one first or you will end up with duplicate entries.
Instructions for iPhone and iPad with iOS 5 or above
- Tap Settings then Tap Mail, Contact, Calendars
- Scroll down and tap Add Account then Tap Other
- Tap Add Subscribed Calendar and enter the iCal address
Instructions for most Android phones
- In the calendar section of your GMail/Google Apps account there is a list on the left of calendars available to view
- At the bottom right tap Add then Add by URL
- Enter the iCal address
- Ignore the checkbox about making it publicly available
Other Android phones
- You have to sign into your Google account on your computer and subscribe to the calendar from there
- Once you have done that the fixtures should be sent to your phone the next time you synchronise with Google
Instructions for Outlook
- Open Outlook
- Click Tools then Account Settings
- Click internet calendars tab then click New & enter the iCal address
- Click Add, then Close
HTC, Blackberry and Nokia
Installing the calendar varies depending on your model and the software installed on it. A search for Subscribed calendars for your phone make & model should bring up the instructions.
I am currently using a Nokia N8 myself and have found the easiest way to get the fixtures on my phone is to follow the instructions for Outlook and then use Nokia PC Suite to sync my phone with Outlook once a week or so.